Bodo.ai exists to change the face of high-performance style, big-data computing; to radically accelerate scale and simplicity for data-intensive applications, on any physical or cloud platform. Ultimately, we strive to change how the world will compute. And we’re looking for ambitious, hungry, talented individuals to help communicate and drive this change.
Our technology provides automatic parallelization and massive scale for analytics workloads including Python and SQL. This allows data engineers and data scientists to focus on solving business problems instead of dealing with the scalability and performance of their code. And it will radically democratize programmer’s access to research-scale computing that has only been available to a privileged few.
We are well-funded with an extraordinary set of excited customers, as well as brand-name technology partners. We are now looking for an ambitious and energetic individual to join our marketing team.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
This critical role will be highly visible, with the charter to define and build our developer relations and developer advocacy functions. At minimum, It will be accountable for the following:
- Community identification & engagement - Finding and engaging relevant developer, data engineer and developer communities. Listening for valuable insights, and engaging where appropriate to educate participants about Bodo.
- Communications / Blogs - Frequently generate content to enlighten / engage the technical community. Plan and help create engaging developer content for our blog, videos, social media, and other outlets
- Developer examples, demos, use-cases - Building developer-focused educational content to reduce friction of adoption and time-to-value.
- Complementary/Adjacent Technology ID and engagement - Helping management and marketing understand adjacent technology spaces (APIs, frameworks, libraries, cloud services, etc.) that Bodo needs awareness/attention. And to determine if/when to engage developers in those domains.
- Developer Experience advocate - Work with Product Management, UX and Engineering to bring developer feedback to improve product, developer experience, documentation
Qualifications and Skills:
- Adept with Python for data science and data engineering, including working knowledge of Pandas, NumPy, Scikit Learn etc. Ideally at least two years of professional experience as a software engineer or developer, or equivalent technical experience - and still live and breathe the community
- Awareness - if not working knowledge - of Spark, Dask, Ray, and other performance-related Python libraries
- Knowledge of data warehouse and analytics platforms including Databricks, Cloudera, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with fast-growing developer relations, technical advocacy and/or community management functions; bonus for experience in building, growing and nurturing a team.
- Enjoy teaching, speaking and writing about new compute and data-intensive technologies
- Experience speaking at developer community events and participating in online forums, meetups, etc.
- The ability to engage with developer communities in a credible way, including the spirit of a community organizer.
- Creativity and passion to generate grass-roots attention, support and adoption of developer-focused high-performance computing technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills: you can explain a sophisticated technical issue in such a way that most people could understand.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
Bodo provides a competitive salary, significant equity stake, 401K, employer-paid medical, dental, and vision, employer partially paid dependent benefits, employer-paid life insurance, remote work, and flexible working hours. Unlimited time off and new Macs also are a perk while working on a new technology offering. Location in the SF Bay Area or Pittsburgh preferred but not required.
Please contact email@example.com for more information!